What is Mill Creek?
Mill Creek watering hole is a nice refreshing spot to the hot Moab heat. To start off with, the short walk up to the waterfall is filled with small cool creek beds to give your feet a rest. And when you finally reach your destination, you might just find the tabletop stacked rocks with the flow of the water traveling through.
Honestly, we trekked up the trail early in the morning around 8:30 am and it was one of the best choices we made because we had the watering hole to ourselves. If you’re willing to sacrifice your morning time, we promise it will be worth it.
One reason to hike Mill Creek is the amazing red rock views on the way to the watering hole and the ending sight of the waterfall. Mill Creek has sick Zion vibes as you walk up, you’re surrounded by the height of orange and red rocks on all sides. When you get to the watering hole, there is a little bit for everyone. There are small shallow spots for the person who prefers to just get their feet wet or there is a deeper portion for the person who isn’t afraid of going under some cooling water.
What is the best way to enjoy Mill Creek?
Although it was our first time to Mill Creek, there are some things that we would recommend to make your trip memorable. First, we would recommend enjoying this hike with good company. We are 4 friends that always remember our rad adventures together. The second thing we would recommend is to take your time and enjoy every moment. Hikes and being outdoors is an experience you can never replicate indoors and so we love slowing down and taking it all in. The last thing we recommend is to let loose, enjoy yourself, and most importantly have fun.
Tips and Tricks!
- Water sandals, like Chacos or Teva’s, will be your best friend. You cross in the water on your way up to the top so your feet will absolutely get wet.
- Leashed dogs are permitted on the hike.
- This beginners hike is 1.6 miles round trip and awesome for all people in all areas of life, you have a couple of friends it's for you, you have kids it's for you or if you just enjoy cool adventures it's for you too.
- If you’re stoked on getting in the water, we recommend a bathing suit.
As always, we implore you to explore responsibly! Be sure to apply these Leave No Trace Principles:
- Plan ahead and prepare.
- Travel and camp on durable surfaces.
- Dispose of waste properly.
- Leave what you find.
- Minimize campfire impacts (be careful with fire).
- Respect wildlife.
- Be considerate of other visitors.